Jeremy Evans | Resume
|Front-end||HTML5, CSS3, JS, JQuery, JSX, ES6, Flow, React, Redux|
|Back-end||REST APIs and web services in Golang, Nodejs & PHP|
|Database||Relational databases and NoSQL|
|System||Linux (Arch & Debian), BASH scripting|
|Desktop||GUI programming in C# and Java.
Game programming in C++ (Irrlicht) and Java (java2d)
Redeam.com (Frontend Developer) June 2016 - July 2017
- Improved performance over previous (Angular) app by using React.js to build leaner components, (freeing up UI thread) and Redux to avoid unneeded controller logic in models.
- Setup automated testing with Travis CI to alert the team of merge conflicts and other issues.
- Abstracted CSS away from the app by generating classes in react and using Stylus for exceptional cases like printer friendliness and tricky overrides for pre-made components.
- Used Babel plugins like the object spread operator to clearly transform app state.
Devtrax.io (Fullstack Developer) April 2016 - June 2016
- Worked with remote team to build minimal valuable products for the web.
Guaranteed Tech Inc. (Lead Programmer) January 2014 - June 2016
- Created reports on quality, speed of work, and customer retention with Canvas 2d API.
- Provided (remote) assistance via SSH or PHPMyAdmin when production issues arose.
- Worked with marketing team to build websites for local businesses using WordPress, and created custom widgets in JS & PHP to meet the client’s needs.
Guaranteed Tech Inc. June 2012 - December 2014
- Wrote the backend & several views for e-waste recycling web app integrating PayPal, Ebay & Canada Post APIs and coded in PHP & JS.
- Built internal system for CRM, order and inventory management with CakePHP+MySQL.
- Administered database of orders, parts, customers, Often wrote scripts to generate SQL.
Maethor Corporation April 2012 - May 2012
- Rebuilt HTML pages and migrated website content & files into a custom CMS.
- Kept extensive records of progress and gave regular reports.
- Graduated St. Lawrence College with a degree
- In the Computer Programmer Analyst program
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Award for best mark in computer science two years consecutively.
System Design Work:
Notable Personal Projects:
I started this project late in 2016, with the advent of WebVR and widespread support for 3d (and now stereoscopic) browser graphics. It’s a CMS & application framework for 3d shared spaces that lets users work with information as a physical medium. Under the hood, the front-end is an Entity-Component-System framework, written in ES6, Flow, React, Redux & Three.js, centered around systems rather than components. This complete separation of behavior and structure allows users to visually build new components and have them streamed over the network instantly for everyone to use. It’s an open source project with several collaborative repos including Nexus, a websocket framework for Go. https://convolvr.io (If you're not on mobile, click the page to enable mouse-look & WASD controls)
Project “Pylon” is dropbox clone, supporting large files via streaming and with more of a focus on searching than using directories.
I built the backend with NodeJS, the Express Web Framework, Socket.io and MongoDB (used partially for GridFS).
The front-end is a combination of ReactJS and Three.js (for 3d rendering.)
Although development of the UI turned into its own project, the app is still useful for organizing and sharing files, especially images.